Monday 13 April 2020

Cows by Matthew Stokoe



Firstly I have to say this is definitely not a book for anyone with a weak stomach. In fact it is not a book for 99.9% of society.

Now I have read some pretty graphic novels in my time but this one definitely contains some of the worst I have read.

This Matthew Stokoe novel is filled from the start with language and descriptions that are not what you would normally find in a book. With a very strange relationship between the main character and his mother. Describing the lack of basic hygiene and dignity is far from the worst things in this book. Amazon describes the storyline as

'a phantasmagoria of extreme violence, death, sex, bestiality, self-surgery, torture'

If someone told you there are talking cows in a book you would think it was strange but the talking cows is probably one of the least surprising parts of this whole book. I still don't understand why there are talking cows but I don't think that's the most pressing part of the book as a whole.

Definitely not for the faint hearted. 
I would recommend it to someone who has a strong stomach and isn't affected by much but even then it is pretty bad. I give it 

⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Synopsis: When Tess Durbeyfield is driven by family poverty to claim kinship with the wealthy D'Urbervilles and seek a portion of thei...